The Oxford-Cambridge 2021 Boat Race will be held on the Great Ouse at Ely in April
Photo: Cambridge early morning row in Ely in February 2020 (Anouschka Fenley is in the 5th seat)
The 2021 event, to take place on 4th April, will be the 166th Men’s and the 75th Women’s boat races.
It’s great news that the boat race will be in Ely and although the blue boat line up is not yet decided (it is likely that the crew won’t be selected until February or March next year) there are several Lucy students trialling this year.
Trialling on the open weight team:
- Anouschka Fenley, Law Tripos (previously rowed for the University of Washington (Seattle), raced in the winning Cambridge Blondie crew in 2019 and was selected for the Cambridge Blue Boat in 2020 prior to the race being cancelled)
- Sarah Tisdall, MPhil Education (previously rowed at Harvard-Radcliffe, University of Queensland boat club, and raced in the U23 Australian national team coxed four in 2019)
- Rhiannon Mulligan, MPhil M-D Gender Studies (previously rowed for Wellesley College)
Trialling for the lightweight rowing team:
- Lea Baltussen, MPhil Economics (started rowing in 2010 at her local club in Germany)
- Claudia Lauren Williams, MPhil Criminology (started rowing in 2016 at Bristol University)
- Janka Erdos, PhD Medical Science at CRUK Cambridge (did one term of rowing at UCL and rowed last year with the Lucy Cavendish College Boat club)
Anoushka Fenley commented: "We are really excited for the Boat Race which is taking place in April 2021! The race has now moved from the Tideway course to Ely. Unfortunately the 2020 Boat Race was cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak. Despite the challenges that have arisen due to covid, we have been training hard over the past few months and it has been an honour to be able to continue to share this unique experience with my teammates. It was great to be back on the water last term, and we will continue to be resilient and adapt to the changing situation this coming term."
Follow the LCCBC on Facebook.
You can read more about the boat race here.