The BA in Economics has a distinguished history and offers a solid grounding in core, pure and applied economics, whilst simultaneously exposing students to ideas and approaches from other disciplines. Cambridge Economists are highly employable and enter a variety of careers in finance, government and management consultancy, as well as professional training in accountancy and actuarial work.
Typical offers require
- A Level: A*A*A
- IB: 40-42 points, with 776 at Higher Level
For other qualifications, see the main entrance requirements pages on the University website.
- A Level/IB Higher Level (or equivalent) Mathematics*.
- Applicants with Further Mathematics will be more competitive than those without.
* IB applicants starting the new IB Mathematics syllabus are expected to take IB Higher Level 'Analysis and Approaches' for any course where Mathematics is a requirement. If this option is not available at your school, please contact us.
- All applicants are required to take the pre-interview written assessment for Economics at an authorised centre local to them (for a lot of applicants, this will be their school/college).
- Further details about the written assessment can be found on the University website here.
Applicants are required to submit one or two school/college essays as examples of written work prior to interview.