Lucy Cavendish aims to provide the best of Cambridge’s education and research to all students.
Lucy Cavendish has a 50 year tradition of being the College that admits talented individuals from non-traditional and under-represented backgrounds. In doing so, it seeks particularly those who want ‘to make a difference’ or to have ‘a positive impact’ on our societies, and those who are committed to addressing our global challenges.
Our Ethos - in the words of our students, staff, and researchers
- “Inclusive”, “Friendly”, “Supportive”.
- “Global”, “Dynamic”, “Transformative”.
- “Outward-facing”, “Impactful”, “Inspiring”.
- Rigorous: we are committed to the highest academic and professional standards
- Ethical: we act with integrity and are open and accountable
- Collaborative: we are a supportive global community with a friendly, engaging approach
- Inclusive: we are committed to equality and diversity with respect for the dignity of all
- Enabling: we look for potential and provide opportunities for a positive impact on the world
- Dynamic: we work with energy, enthusiasm, innovation and positivity